tirsdag den 26. november 2013

The exchange student tag!

Okay, so this will probably be my very first post in English only! I hope that my lovely Danish readers are able to comprehend what I'm writing, and that my international friends are finally happy with the language ;)
  On my november bucketlist is 'Writing more blog posts than I did in October' - so when I had some hours to spare this afternoon, I surfed the internet to find an exchange student challenge/tag. But they don't exist! 
Since I know maaaany exchange students with blogs who might be interested in doing this tag, I decided to create the questions myself. If you want to participate in it, just copy the questions below, fill it out and share your post so other students can learn about it :)


  • What is your name, age, nationality and company?
  • Where are you living your exchange year?
  • Why did you decide to be an exchange student?
  • What did you think when you first stepped out of the plane?
  • What is the weirdest thing you have tasted so far?
  • Have you done anything so far that you never thought was possible?
  • What has been the biggest challenge so far?
  • How do you like the school in your host country?
  • How do people dress in your host country (in your opinion)?
  • If your exchange year was a song, what would it be?
  • How do you imagine the day you are going home?
  • Who would you like to do this tag?
My answers are below for anyone interested, haha!

What is your name, age, nationality and company?
 - I am Lærke, I am 16 years old and I am from Denmark. I am traveling with EF (Education First) :D
Where are you living your exchange year?
 - I am living in Las Vegas, Nevada in America.
Why did you decide to be an exchange student?
 - Because I have always wanted to live life to the fullest. I see traveling, experiencing different cultures, speaking foreign languages and having friends all over the world as a way to make the most of my time! A year abroad is a year ahead.
What did you think when you first stepped out of the plane?
 - Wow, this place is soooo hoooooot! 
What is the weirdest thing you have tasted so far?
 - I would say it's a tie between mint oreos, root beer and breakfast burritos.
Have you done anything so far that you never thought was possible?
 - I have worn shorts and t-shirts in November, been standing in 2 states at the same time and managed to make it 'on my own' in another country without my family.
What has been the biggest challenge so far?
 - Learning to be a part of another family - completely different from just visiting a friend's house! New traditions, rules, norms, values, humor etc.
How do you like the school in your host country?
 - I like how somewhat easy it is - and I adore how all the students are so proud of their school!
How do people dress in your host country (in your opinion)?
 - There is much greater diversity than in my old school. We were only 50 people in our grade, and everyone pretty much liked and wore the same style. Here I've seen full-on punkers, hippies, retro, business, dresses-everyday-girls and people with fox tails linked to their pants?
The guys, though, are another story... they literally ALL wear basketball shorts, H2O slippers or sneakers, tennis socks pulled up all the way and backpacks with the shortest straps possible. Let's just say I begin appreciating Danish hipsters :P
If your exchange year was a song, what would it be?
 - I am gonna say 'Teenage Dream' by Katy Perry when life is beautiful and everything is great. When I miss people I feel like 'Vanilla Twilight' by Owl City captures my feelings perfectly (and makes me bawl).
How do you imagine the day you are going home?
 - Really weird. I will leave with my family to go on vacation, but yet leave my family here in Las Vegas. I will leave home to go home. I know that nothing will ever be the same again.
Who would you like to do this tag?
 - My sissy Laura, my friends Ida, Sahra and Ingeborg and anyone else who would like to do it!


3 kommentarer:

  1. 1. My name is Alex, 17 and I came here with CIEE
    2. I am placed in Elizabethtown, New York, USA
    3. I was interested in being an exchange student since 2009, I wanted to know this country, culture, improve my English skills and to meet some nice people!
    4. "Let's enjoy this wonderful year!"
    5. Putting dressings everywhere is so american! :D
    6. I became dutiful and I started to study!
    7. Now, I am doing 11th, but also 12th grade, because I want to have american graduation too. Sometimes I have a lot of homework, but I believe I will pass all my exams.
    8. I enjoy it so much! Kids and teachers are nice and helpful, so are other members of school staff.
    9. It's hard to say. I think that kids here feel more free to express themselves by clothes, that's why there are many punk, hippies, vintage, sporty kids
    10. I guess it can be "Move Along" by The All- American Rejects, because I feel it's still a progress and everything is changing so fast...
    11. It will be really sad, but positive at the same time. Leaving this family and my wonderful host sister will be really hard, but I will look forward to see my country, family and friends. Mixed feelings...
    12. I want to tag my best friend back at home, Natalia, my awesome sister Andrea, but also my amazing host sis Savy.

    SvarSlet
  2. That was an awesome idea Lærke! Btw in general your blog is AWESOME! I actually had fun writing my answers on my blog - they are here http://www.mweb.nu/usblog/?p=845

    SvarSlet